The Traveling Treasurer
Pottawattamie County Treasurer’s Office is pleased to announce representatives will be out in Avoca at the courthouse today March 23rd and tomorrow March 24th to collect Property Tax & Motor Vehicle transactions from 9 AM to 4PM, closing from 12 PM to 1 PM.
What: Property Tax Collection & Motor Vehicle Transactions
Where:Avoca Courthouse in Avoca, IA
When: March 23-24 from 9 AM – 4 PM; Closed 12 PM – 1 PM
Spring 2017 Residential Tree Program – Council Bluffs Region
Plant Some Shade is a partnership initiative to aid long-term energy and natural resource conservation. The program is funded by MidAmerica Energy and administered by the Pottawattamie County Conservation Board, City of Council Bluffs Parks and Recreation, Council Bluffs Trees Forever and the Iowa Department of Natural Resources – Bureau of Forestry.
Plant Some Shade information:
- Advance orders for Plant Some Shade are required.
- Order forms are made available on-line or in the Parks and Recreation office.
- Order forms can be mailed to Pottawattamie Counservation Foundation, Attn: Residential Tree Program, 223 South 6th St., Council Bluffs, IA 51501
- Tree purchase is limited to two trees per Mid America Energy customer’s household to ensure all customers have an opportunity to purchase trees.
- Orders will be accepted until all trees have been sold. In the event additional trees are available on distribution day, they will be released for purchase at 8:30 a.m. on a first serve basis, or until all trees are sold.
- Trees will be available for pick up at the Harrah’s parking lot located at One Harrah’s Blvd. in Council Bluffs from 8:30-10:30 a.m., Saturday, April 29, 2017. Any trees not picked up by 10:30 a.m. will be considered a donation to Pottawattamie Counservation Foundation.
Please complete the order form and return with a check for $30 (one tree) or $60 (two trees), payable to Pottawattamie Conservation Foundation. No credit card or cash orders accepted.